step one: onboarding call (30 mins)
- One of the most common causes of internship breakdowns is clarity and transparency around what you want. So before getting started, it’s important to establish the tasks, responsibilities and expectations your interns will be working towards. We recommend drafting these ahead of time.
step two: search & interview (2 weeks)
Attitude > Aptitude
- Once expectations have been set, we push out the opportunity to our audience of over 40,000 students who are matched with roles according to skills, studies, prior experience and interests. Final candidates are always selected for their attitude and must demonstrate exceptional drive, motivation, and desire to learn.
step three: pre-internship training (2-4 weeks)
Creating killer first impressions
- Once you’ve selected your interns, we begin preparing them to hit the ground running. 4 weeks of training commences, with 50% focussed on the tasks and responsibilities you’ll be assigning, and 50% on work readiness – diary org, effective comms, dealing with clients, writing emails, software best practise and much more.
Everyone likes the idea of taking interns – it’s great for ESG / CSR in your local community, they’re an excellent source of new ideas and insight, and can often be a valuable resource for your business.
But in reality, this comes at a cost. On-boarding and training time, active management time, and costly remuneration with no guarantee of output or quality – it all adds up.
The Grad Soc removes these barriers and makes it easy for you to gain all the benefits with a fraction of the costs – increasing efficiency and output for both company and interns.
- 1 intern joins full-time for 2 months over the summer (high competion for talent)
- Remuneration cost (min wage) = £3,200
- Ave. 25% of time spent being trained: Cost of training = 80 hr of intern’s time + 80 hr of staff time
- Ave. 60% of intern’s time utilised = 40% wasted cost
- Unclear on duties you can give to / trust your interns with
- Hours of active management required
- No clear structure
- Lack of flexibility for company and interns
- No guaranteed output or quality of work
The Future of internships
with The Grad Soc
- Fraction of the cost @ £735/mo
- Remote-first to maximise your talent pool
- Part-time to increase participation throughout the year and reduce competition for talent
- Simple 2 month rolling contract
- Remuneration (above living and real wage) included within our fee and payroll automated by us
- Supports ESG / CSR goals with official accreditation as an Equal Opportunity Provider
- Fully managed by our experienced team
- Scalable up to cohorts of 20 interns
- Clear predetermined outcomes with agreed expectations + deliverables
- Includes first class CPD accredited training incorporated 4 weeks before starting with your team, and then continuously throughout each internship
You define the time, length, type & output. We’ll do the rest.
The ultimate way to find your next hire.
We’re a mission-led startup, striving to create new, well-structured and highly supported opportunities for the students that really need them, but the real measure of success comes in the form of turning these internships into permanent roles.
With our simple hiring fee and full support offered during the negotiation and contracting stage, it’s never been easier to turn your interns into team members and watch your business grow.